Offpage optimization - improve your website
Offpage optimization - what is it?
Offpage optimization are measures that do not locally affect the own website. We can help that search engines like Google & Co. can assess our popularity and our trustworthiness.
So here we are talking about measures that are not taken directly on the website.
OffPage optimization = improve reputation website
Components of Offpage Optimization
Backlink structure or incoming links
Incoming links are also called backlinks. These are links that point from other pages to your own page.
Not the number but the quality is important
Many links is always good - the statement is not true. Rather, it is important who links to me. Google classifies websites according to trustworthiness - links a trusted site to your own website, this link counts much more.
What is a backlink?
A backlink is a link from another interface to your own interface. You can compare it with a recommendation.
How can I get links?
Who good contents has on special topics, always receives new links. In addition, there are opportunities to join the conversation. Here are some examples:
- Use of social networks
- possible press work
- trusted directories such as Gelbe Seiten, das Örtliche, Klicktel, 11880, Yelp, etc.
- Partner pages of cooperation partners, etc.
What are the differences between backlinks?
Basically, the more links pointing to a page, the more popular your website is. However, in the past very strong manipulation attempts were made by some providers (e.g. link exchange, link rental, paid entries in blogs, comments or forums, etc.), so that the search engines can recognize and punish such manipulations by an adjustment of the algorithm.
Search engines also evaluate the relevance of individual links. This can be determined relatively easily by search engines looking at the following factors:
- Topic relevance - Does the linking page also have a thematic reference to the target page?
- Anchor text or link text
- Where is the referring link on the page placed? Links in navigation or header often indicate SPAM
- Link building success natural or in a relatively short period of time?
- Is the referring link marked with the attribute rel="nofollow"?
How fast is your page? Google likes fast pages
Google wants and favors websites with short and fast loading times. For this purpose, Google has created its own options to produce fast pages.
Google does not want us to wait unnecessarily long on the Internet for information. This also includes reducing the loading time. Unfortunately, we encounter slow websites again and again. One should note for this that not every user has a fast Internet connection. Therefore, you should pay attention to the following points:
- no superfluous code
- Clean up unnecessary CSS code
- Hold the File sizes (especially for pictures) in the eye
- Use Compression method
- For Contend Management Systems: Load no unnecessary plug-ins
- Check whether your Web hosting package also meets the requirements accordingly
Check anchor texts of links
Anchor texts (also known as anchor text) help to evaluate the content of the target page. Therefore, you should always check whether the anchor texts used also help to estimate the content of the target page.
This is interesting not only for external pages, but also when checking internal links. Incorrect designations can negatively influence the ranking of your page.
How relevant is your content? Review your content
One of the most common questions after a Google algorithm update is why a website has crashed from visibility. This can often be due to the content, because many websites still have topics that are
- contain little content
- are present twice on the website
- bring little to the user
Therefore, it may also be necessary to muck out content or summarize topics. Better one extensive page, than 10 with a "little" information! Just think about what requirements you have for a website when you search for a topic yourself. Which sites do you prefer when you do your own search? What do you notice when you search yourself?
Which components influence the link rating?
The following factors influence the link quality:
Quantity and quality of the respective link (see above).
Page Authority and Keyword Relevance
Quantity and quality also play a role - as well as the anchor text distribution, the PageRank and the TrustRank of the referring page.
Here, the search volume for the brand keywords, company mentions (e.g. in the press, etc.) and the entity assignment influence the rating of the link.
In general, it can be said that one honest and naturally grown link from a high quality, trusted site are better than many from unknown sites.
How can links be built?
There are different ways to gain or find backlinks. Which method makes sense in your case depends on the respective strategy. However, you should be very careful with some methods, because they can also quickly lead to negative results.
We want to give you a rough overview of what options are available:
- Creation and placement of a Guest article at influential portals / sites
- Classic press relations
- Reconstruction of the link profiles of the competitors (reverse engineering)
- Use of directory entries (e.g. telephone book, yellow pages, etc.)
- Creation of a unique contentwhich offers info not available on other sites
- Link exchange with business partners or suppliers (often forgotten and relatively easy to realize)
- Roundup Link Building - Blogs often push certain topics
- Resource Page Link Building - this is the use of "link tips", which are present on some pages
- Testimonial Link Building - if you use products from suppliers, talk to them about whether you could be considered as a testimonial (this often results in a corresponding link)
- Broken Link Building - find broken links and write to the respective webmaster accordingly (here you can offer your site as an alternative of the broken link)
How can I check backlinks?
There are several ways how you can check backlinks. There are special backlink checkers for this purpose. We would like to present you a couple of possibilities:
Summary Offpage SEO
The optimization or rather the improvement of a website is not a one-time story. Many factors influence the quality of a website. However, much can be done so that a website becomes better. In the first place, however, should not be the search engine, but the user.
The better you understand your target audience, the better your ranking will be. However, this does not involve your daily work, because search engines cannot judge it. They can only track your website and your reputation on the Internet.
Do you need assistance?