Even the most beautiful website is useless if it is not found. Is it enough if I program a website?
What actually is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) basically refers to all technical and content-related measures aimed at improving the ranking of your website and thus its visibility in the search engine results lists. There are many possibilities of this. There is no one measure - rather it is like clockwork - many different cogs have to work together so that the time is displayed correctly.
Are there also tools that we use?
Yes - without the use of technical tools an effective and targeted improvement of a website is not possible. Basically, optimization of a website always consists of the following steps:
SEO is not a sprint - it's a marathon. You'll never be done with your site, because the
- Change the demands of your customers
- Your competitors continue to develop
- You continue to develop
What software do we use?
Are there sub-disciplines in the field of SEO?
Yes. There are many different areas:
- Content optimization such as improving texts, images, readability, etc.
- Conversion optimization - Improvement of the ratio of visitors or users to leads / sales / deals
- Shopping cart optimization - here one tries to improve the processes, so that a higher customer satisfaction and more sales result from it
- Image SEO - higher visibility can be achieved through better images
- Local SEO - local search hits are improved here in a targeted manner
- Mobile SEO - special optimization for the improvement of mobile usage
Costs and prices
Many ask themselves the question, what SEO costs. The question can not be answered in a general way, because the costs incurred always depend on the effort. Often, as an outsider, it is difficult to see why a flat rate per month is 500, 1000 or 2000 euros. In addition, there are different remuneration approaches. Therefore, we have written a blog article on this topic:
Why are there huge differences in costs?
There are many providers which offer SEO. But:
Many have a brush - few can paint - and very few are artists
Not because someone has SEO somewhere, the services are also good. Quite the opposite - many leave scorched earth.
Why is this so?
The problem is often that there is a lack of transparency of the activity. Customers often can not assess what work is behind honest and quality SEO activity. Likewise, it is often not explained what is done, how and why. The following activities are part of the everyday life of an SEO specialist:
- Analyze texts and compare with competitors and revise if necessary
- Technical review and optimization the website
- Analysis and comparison the competitor
- Review and search for new link sources
- Review and optimization incoming links
- Observation changes at Google
- Evaluation of visitor behavior
- Reputation analysis
- Developing new topics / blog posts, etc.
- Coordination with other service providers (e.g. graphic designers, influencers, etc.)
- Coordination and communication with the customer
If these points are carried out properly and conscientiously, you will see that 8 to 10 hours of time are relatively quickly together. On the Internet you will find many offers - some at very exciting prices.
Think about how many hours you will charge your client until you reach each flat rate - then you can roughly estimate the potential time commitment of the particular service provider you are purchasing.
Average hourly rates of SEO agencies
Hourly rates at SEO agencies from 80,- to 150,- Euro are not uncommon. As in any business, one of the main components of the price is the wage or personnel costs.
Looking at the job portals like stepstone, indeed, salary.cometc., salaries of SEO managers with work experience are given from 45.000,- to 50.000. To this one must calculate the ancillary wage costs, etc., so that a total expenditure of approx. 60,000, - to 70,000 euro for the employer results. Large agencies or companies offer correspondingly more.
This is EUR 5000,- to EUR 5850,- monthly burden for the employer (without office, PC, software, license costs, medical expenses, electricity, times for further education, etc.).